Wednesday 12 September 2012

Relaxation... the bedrock of success


A popular Yoruba cliché says “a hardworking and dedicated child requires a period of leisure and relaxation”. This is what led me to my renewed quest to the movie house. It will be my second time to this place; my first was through the support of my sister, who just felt like brushing my social realm because I never had one. It was interesting and I wanted to go again. I just finished offering my seasonal sacrificial fasting, which lasted for 4 weeks. So, this is an avenue for me to relax myself after hearkening to my Creator’s call. Many people always troop in here every day to relax and meet with friends. It has become an avenue for guys to prove to their ladies that they are responsible. Parents also bring their children to play games, watch cartoons, and buy interesting kiddie kits.
The reality about life is that you can’t subject yourself to every day psyche hoarding. You need to give the brain a break. But the best you can do is to utilize the leisure positively, while others prefer to use their spare time to read or sleep, some prefer to socialize and mingle with people, exchange contact with new people and network. It is this same period that some use to harness the negative factor in them. Indulging in acts like excessive dancing, drinking and smooching of all kind is another means of relaxation for themselves. Like I always do, my discussion is always towards the youth. There are many responsibilities of the youth in the society. A country with deformed or misinformed youths is a fruitless country and the country or society is vulnerable to war and chaos. This is because when there is underdevelopment as a result of the deformed youth, there is blasphemy and then war. But if the youth are determined and positively oriented, the outcome will forever be improving the world. So, to harness and ignite these untapped resources, he must work and also relax. Fantastic ideas even sprout out during the time of leisure because you are naturally relaxing your muscles and the work function of the heartbeat is to the minimal, thereby creating room for initiative and outstanding thoughts.
Health workers have even made us understand that man needs rest of nearly eight hours a day. It’s not about sleeping but it’s about relaxing. Relaxation is one of the bedrock of the fountain of success.

No comments:

Post a Comment